Alberta Innovates is a provincially-funded Corporation tasked with delivering on the research and innovation priorities of the Government of Alberta.
Our province is blessed with abundant natural resources, world-class infrastructure and research institutions, a highly skilled workforce, and a dynamic, entrepreneurial business community. Alberta Innovates harnesses these strengths by acting as the catalyst between government, industry and academia, to solve some of the biggest challenges facing our province.
Our scientific and technical experts:
- Direct targeted funding toward game-changing projects and programs that meet our rigorous criteria and support provincial innovation targets
- Develop and implement strategic research and innovation initiatives
- Provide third-party technical counsel and support
- Build and foster networks, partnerships and collaborations – locally, nationally and internationally
Leverage their relationships, connecting the right people to get things done.
Alberta Innovates is uniquely positioned to identify and nurture the research and innovation ideas that will:
- Keep Alberta relevant and competitive in the global marketplace
- Contribute to a sustainable and diversified economy
- Prepare us for a low-carbon future
- Keep us healthy through the advancement of medical knowledge, treatment and best clinical practice.
We focus on the full research and innovation continuum – taking ideas from the lab to the marketplace, or from bench to bedside.