- Alberta Innovates
- Privacy Statement
- About Us
- Board of Directors
- Executive Leadership
- Questions and Answers
- Alberta's Innovation and Small Business System
This privacy statement applies to the Innovation Websites (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) and does not apply to websites of any other department or agency of the Government of Alberta.
The Government of Alberta and the Website Providers (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) maintain the Innovation Websites to help the public find information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Alberta and the Website Providers (collectively, "We"). We are committed to ensuring your privacy while you visit the Innovation Websites.
When you visit the Innovation Websites, our web servers automatically collect a limited amount of standard information essential to the operation and evaluation of the Innovation Websites. This information includes:
- the page from which you arrived,
- the date and time or your page request,
- the IP address your computer is using to receive information,
- the type and version of your browser, and
- the name and size of the file you request.
This information helps us assess our information services and is not used to identify individuals who come to the Innovation Websites. None of this information is disclosed to third parties.
The only information collected that is used to identify you is information you give voluntarily. When you submit a question or comment, you may be asked for your name, e-mail address, or other information. In addition, if you sign up to receive an e-mail update of news releases, you will be asked for your e-mail address.
This information is collected pursuant to section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of providing information and services related to the research and innovation system.
The personal information you submit is secure once it reaches the government server. In transit between your computer and the server, however, it may not be secure.
The Innovation Websites use software to monitor unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or damage the services provided. No attempt is made to identify users or their usage patterns except during law enforcement investigations.
For more information about this privacy statement and associated privacy practices, please contact:
- Alberta Innovates - Bio Solutions at email@example.com
- Alberta Innovates - Energy and Environment Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alberta Innovates - Health Solutions at email@example.com
- Alberta Innovates - Technology Futures at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alberta Innovates - Alberta Research and Innovation Authority at email@example.com
- The Government of Alberta by submitting your inquiry via the Questions and Comments online form.