Here are a few ideas:
Notify the media and other stakeholders of the grant or support you received—and the benefits it provides to your organization or project—via a news release or a story. Describe your work in an active voice that promotes how your work is going to benefit Alberta, and possibly the world.
Reach out to us about promoting your story on our website and through our social channels.
Post messages on your social media profile and be sure to share your post with us. We’re active on social media, and can help you reach a larger audience:
- Twitter: @ABInnovates
- Facebook: @AlbertaInnovates
- LinkedIn: AlbertaInnovates
- Instagram: albertainnovates
Consider reaching out to your local, regional government and civic representatives at various stages of your work’s journey. This gives you an opportunity to socialize it amongst a larger audience whose focus is on promoting the great work going on in their jurisdictions.
- Tagging them in your social posts,
- Inviting them to attend your events and presentations, and
- Offering them the opportunity to present remarks at your event.
It is always a good opportunity to connect with your local government representative to build a relationship.