Generate evidence for market access
What is it?
The Accelerating Innovations into CarE (AICE) – Market Access Program accelerates health innovations that face evidentiary hurdles in achieving market access. The Program supports small-to-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and real-world testing sites (Testing Sites) in carrying out clinical trials, feasibility studies or real-world trials to fast-track commercial progression and market adoption.
Alberta Innovates Client Journey and a Health Innovation Pathway1
The AICE – Market Access Program supports Alberta-based health technology SMEs in conducting clinical or real-world trials, anywhere in the world.
The AICE-Market Access Program improves Alberta’s competitiveness in the health innovation sector on a global scale.
SMEs who participate in the AICE – Market Access Program can expect to:
- Acquire evidence through clinical or real-world trials that supports rapid market access and adoption,
- Build connections within the health innovation ecosystem, and
- Progress towards commercialization across the all four Health Innovation Cycle domains – from clinical and end-user safety and feasibility to real-world implementation.
Testing Sites who participate in AICE – Market Access can expect to:
- Build capacity for adopting promising health innovations, and
- Improve competitiveness in a rapidly shifting health care environment.
We will contribute 50% of total eligible project costs up to $300,000 CAD per Project, over a maximum term of 24 months.
This program is continually accepting applications.
- Intake form
Read the Program Guide and complete the brief online Health Innovation Continuous Intake Form via the online application portal
- Pre-application meeting
A pre-application meeting is held with Alberta Innovates to ensure best program fit and provide support
Complete the Full Application via the online application portal
Please note: You will need to create an account to access our online application portal. If you have any questions about the application process or concerns about your project’s eligibility, feel free to contact Alberta Innovates at any time.
- Program guide
- Online Intake & Application Portal
- Application Aid (Microsoft WORD)
- Example Project Methodology
- Investment agreement
- Milestone, Reporting and Payment schedule (Microsoft EXCEL)
- Progress Report Form (Microsoft WORD)
AICE-Validate – this Program helps Alberta’s innovators overcome the hurdles associated with digital health technology commercialization, across the key domains of product-market fit, business readiness, regulatory compliance, and product development – from proof of feasibility to clinical and end-user safety and feasibility.
ImplementAB.digH – supports Alberta-based healthcare delivery organizations in carrying out health technology assessments and feasibility studies of novel, commercially available digital health innovations.
- Alberta Innovates Technology Development Advisors – provide front-line business coaching and technology development advice to small & medium size enterprises in technology or knowledge-based industries.
- Regional Innovation Networks – entrepreneur-centric, community-based networks with the goal of providing programs and services to accelerate growth of technology and knowledge-based businesses in Alberta jurisdictions.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) – provides evidence standards that enable innovators to determine what level of evidence may be required to facilitate adoption of digital health technologies.
- Alberta SPOR SUPPORT Unit (AbSPORU) – provides support for stakeholders in conducting patient-oriented research. AbSPORU bridges gaps between data, research evidence and healthcare practice.
- E-Learning Tool – Health Canada – resource intended to educate stakeholders on premarket regulatory requirements for medical devices in Canada.
- Alberta Clinical Research Roadmap – an interactive online navigator outlining the steps to setting up and conducting a clinical health research study within Alberta.
- ARECCI – helps practitioners, agencies and organizations identify and mitigate ethical risks in program evaluations, quality improvement projects, needs assessments, health innovations and knowledge translation.
- Alberta Innovates, Entrepreneurial Investments – Alberta Innovates offers a variety of related high-demand, entrepreneurial investment programs that are of interest to SMEs.