The program supports the development of a vibrant bioenergy industry that contributes to Alberta’s supply of renewable energy through the production of biofuels and novel value-added products. The program is a key part of the transition to a low carbon future and enables the participation of Alberta’s urban and rural communities.
The program invests in projects that develop and/or deploy waste or biomass conversion technologies.
- Support a robust biomass feedstock delivery system
- Support the development and optimization of existing waste/biomass conversion technologies
- Develop and deploy biofuel technologies
- Support developments of science-based policies.
The relevant targets are:
- 50% reduction in organic waste to landfill, through innovative technologies which produce value-added products
- Support Alberta’s climate change goals by accelerating solutions to reduce methane emissions by 45% by 2025 and ensure a dynamic portfolio of GHG emissions reduction technologies
- Industry operating in the value-added bioindustrial sector will attract an additional $3 billion private sector investment in Alberta.
Program Contact Information
Name: Mehr Nikoo
Title: Senior Manager, BioEnergy