Climate Change Innovation and Technology Framework
- Municipal Community Generation Challenge – launched March 15, 2019
- Apply for the EOI stage of the Municipal Community Generation Challenge here and download the EOI budget template here
- Municipal Community Generation EOI webinar June 26 – View the full webinar here or view the slides here
- Municipal Community Generation Challenge Network Formation webinar June 19th – View the full webinar here or View the slides here
- Municipal Challenge Network Partner Registration
- Municipal Community Generation Challenge LOI Applicant webinar: View the slides or watch the full presentation from April 17/19.
- New Funding Opportunity: Canadian Emissions Reduction Innovation Network (CERIN)
- Clean Technology Development Webinar: View the slides from the January 10, 2019 presentation
- Clean Technology Commercialization Program: Edmonton International Airport Renewable Electricity Production Challenge (opened December 5, 2018)
Programs of Support:
2018 Climate Change Innovation And Technology Framework (CCITF) funding decisions.
Alberta Innovates information webinar: CCITF programs.
The Climate Change Innovation And Technology Framework (CCITF) was developed to achieve the goals of Alberta’s Climate Leadership Plan through innovation and technology. The Alberta Clean Technology Road Map outlines the Province’s plan for a cleaner future. It stems from the Alberta Research and Innovation Framework (ARIF) and is informed by the Climate Change Innovation and Technology Framework (CCITF) The CCITF framework helps guide investments in innovation and technology to support:
- Ensure coordinated, impactful investments in research, innovation and technology;
- Accelerate the development of innovative and transformative technologies; and
- Engage and align stakeholders through partnerships with other governments, industry, not-for-profits and academia.
CCITF supports a variety of programs in these priority sector areas: cleaner oil and gas; methane emissions reduction; low carbon electricity; waste to value-added; green buildings and energy efficiency.
Working Together to Secure a Lower Carbon Future for Alberta
The CCITF is a strategic initiative of the Government of Alberta as part of its Climate Leadership Plan. Economic Development and Trade (EDT), Emissions Reductions Alberta (ERA) and Alberta Innovates (AI), are working together as delivery agents to administer a suite of programs under the framework. Emissions Reductions Alberta (ERA) will administer the Scale-up and Large-scale Demonstration program. See below for a program description and how to apply. EDT will invest in three programs, Alberta Investor Tax Credit, Capital Investment Tax Credit and Emerging Clean Technology Partnerships. For more information please follow the links to find out eligibility and how to apply. Alberta Innovates has developed and will administer five programs to support the CCITF in clean technology research, innovation and commercialization.