Clean Technology Business Innovation Voucher Program
- If you are interested in learning more about the Clean Technology Business Innovation program, please join us on our next Applicant Webinar that currently being planned for after April 17, 2019. To learn more about our approach to greenhouse gas (GHG) quantification, please watch the October 22nd 2018 – Principles of GHG Measurement workshop where we hosted leading GHG quantification expert Dr. Christine Schuh.
Alberta businesses can benefit from existing and emerging growth opportunities in the low carbon economy; however, effective strategy development requires an in-depth assessment, impact analysis and implementation plan unique to each business.
The Clean Technology Business Innovation Voucher Program focuses on enabling methane emissions reduction, low carbon electricity, waste to value added products, green buildings and energy efficiency. The Program includes two streams, 1 & 2, and is designed to encourage and support Alberta’s established Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to pursue growth opportunities while reducing their direct and/or indirect carbon footprint.
Stream 1 provides up to $25,000 in non-dilutive funding for businesses to engage a third-party subject matter expert (Service Provider) that will identify productivity, growth and/or clean technology opportunities through a business/ market assessment and development of a comprehensive plan that leads to:
- clean technology adoption for energy efficiency; and/or
- productivity enhancement; and/or
- product or service iterations (redesign, configuration or optimization of existing products or services); and/or
- new geographic or vertical market entry.
Stream 2 provides up to $100,000 in non-dilutive funding to implement their project plan, which can be leveraged to apply for other funding and supports such as the Accelerated Growth Services program delivered by the federal government.
If you are interested in learning more about the Clean Technology Business Innovation program and our approach to greenhouse gas (GHG) quantification, please watch the following recording of the October 22nd 2018 Principles of GHG Measurement workshop where we hosted leading GHG quantification expert Dr. Christine Schuh.
For more information about this program and eligibility criteria, please download our Clean Technology Business Innovation Program Guide.
For information on the terms governing the funding, please download our Clean Technology Business Innovation agreement template.
To start an application please visit our Application Portal.
Clean Technology Business Innovation Voucher Program Timelines:
|Stream One Launch||Alberta Innovates||Mar. 18, 2019|
|Applicant Webinar||Alberta Innovates||After Apr. 17, 2019|
|Stream One Application Submission Deadline||Applicants||TBD|
|Stream One Decision Notification||Alberta Innovates||TBD|
|Stream Two Launch (Continuous Intake)||Alberta Innovates||Mar. 18, 2019|
* Note that AI at its sole discretion reserves the rights to alter or cancel the currently-anticipated timelines.
For specific questions regarding this guide and to discuss your application, please contact:
Alistair Hazewinkel, Senior Business Partner, Funding Solutions
TEL: (780) 450-5334