Alberta Innovates manages a number of high-demand technology entrepreneurial investment programs with a growing number of subscribers. Due to the competitive nature of these programs, Alberta Innovates searches to invest in high-potential, high-growth companies that will provide economic and social benefits for Alberta.
Regional Innovation Networks
Alberta Innovates provides technology commercialization support, mentorship and funding throughout the province via the Regional Innovation Networks. Learn more.
Technology Development Advisors
TDAs provide coaching and advice to SMEs in technology- and knowledge-based industries. They work with clients to increase their business knowledge and connect to other partners and services within their respective RINs.
TDAs enhance innovation system navigation and offer improved access to business networks and services for SMEs.
- To access a TDA, visit the Connect with Alberta Innovates portal.
- For more information regarding eligibility and the intake process, contact Intake@albertainnovates.ca or call 403-210-5229.
Connectica is a self-service tool for SMEs and service providers to connect with other provincial innovators, in alignment with Alberta Innovates’ strategic priority for contributing to an effective innovation system. Learn more.
Alberta Innovates has a variety of technologies available for licensing. We will work with companies, from small to large, to set up mutually beneficial licensing deals to enable technology transfer out into industry. Learn more.
- Alberta Entrepreneurship Incubators
- Alberta Innovation Vouchers and Micro-Vouchers
- Alberta Small Business Innovation and Research Initiative
- Export-Readiness Micro-Vouchers
- Industry Associates Programs
- Product Demonstration Program
These programs are designed to support SMEs from Alberta and the partnering jurisdictions in Mexico and China to enter into a joint project to develop and commercialize novel technological solutions that address a defined market need, generate economic and social benefits in both jurisdictions and globally. Download our presentation.