This program provides Alberta for-profit small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) support to access funding to develop strategic, industry-driven commercialization projects that involve novel and innovative projects with a partner in China. We currently have partnerships in the provinces of Zhejiang, Guangdong and Shanghai.
If approved, we provide the investment to the Alberta applicant, with the Alberta SME required to match the contribution in equal cash and in-kind resources for the project. The partnering jurisdiction is responsible for providing funding to the China applicant.
This collaborative program is intended to improve opportunities for projects in innovative technology development, as well as commercialization activities between Alberta and China in the priority areas of:
- Platform Technologies
- Information and Communications Technologies, Mobile, Sensor, Advanced Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Manufacturing and Materials (Nano);
- Clean Energy
- Clean Tech, Energy-saving and Renewable Energy Technologies;
- Energy Storage Technologies
- Innovative battery storage, and energy management;
- Environmental Technologies;
- Life Sciences
- Biotechnology, Natural Source Health Products, Pharmaceutical and Medical Products;
- E-Agriculture and Advanced Forestry Technologies;
The goal of a matchmaking event is to help Alberta SMEs find a suitable partner to participate in the Alberta-China International Technology Partnership Program. Some travel support will be available to Alberta SMEs selected to attend the workshops.
Submit a company profile
To be eligible, we require Alberta SMEs to complete a company profile. We’ll review and use all profiles to conduct a preliminary assessment for potential partner match. We’ll contact companies directly regarding upcoming matchmaking events.