Alberta-Zhejiang Global Partnership program
The Alberta-Zhejiang Global Partnership program was developed by the Government of Alberta’s Ministry of Economic Development and Trade with the Science and Technology Department of Zhejiang Provincial People’s Government, as part of the People’s Republic of China, to facilitate industry collaboration in research and development, and encourage innovative technological development opportunities in Alberta and Zhejiang for the purpose of commercialization.
The aim of the program is to provide for-profit small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from the two partner jurisdictions with assistance in establishing global partnerships, as well as accessing grant funding to support strategic, industry-driven commercialization projects that involves novel and innovative products and materials.
The Program is jointly managed by Alberta Innovates and Zhejiang Provincial Science and Technology Exchange Center with Foreign Countries (ZSTEC).
Program Partner Matchmaking event in Zhejiang
As part of the Alberta-China International Technology Partnership Program, Alberta Innovates is looking for Alberta for-profit small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) interested in participating in the 3rd Matchmaking event in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China November 26-28, 2018.
This program is designed to support SMEs from Alberta and Zhejiang, China enter into a joint project to develop and commercialize novel technological solutions that address a defined market need, generate economic and social benefits in both jurisdictions and globally.
The priority technology sectors:
- Platform Technologies Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), Mobile, Sensor, Advanced Data Analytics Artificial Intelligence (AI), Advanced Manufacturing and Materials (Nano);
- Life Sciences (Biotechnology, Natural Source Health Products, Pharmaceutical and Medical Products);
- Clean Energy (Clean Tech, Energy-saving and Renewable Energy Technologies);
- Environmental Technologies;
- Agriculture and Forestry Technologies.
Alberta SMEs interested in participating must complete the Company Profile document and submit to Alberta Innovates. We select Alberta SMEs based on the best fit for the program and potential matches with Zhejiang SMEs. Once selected, we will provide further details, including an agenda for the event.
- Alberta Company Profile deadline: October 17, 2018
- Application decisions estimated: October 23, 2018
Submit your company profile for this program to ChinaITP@albertainnovates.ca.
Check back for upcoming program Information Sessions to learn more.
Program Contact Information
Name: Sandra Candie
Title: Director, Global Partnerships