Export Readiness Micro-Voucher program
This program is open.
Exporting to international markets
Thinking of Exporting? Do you want to grow your business by selling your product or services in international markets? Do you have the tools and knowledge to be successful?
The Ministry of Economic Development and Trade and Alberta Innovates have collaborated to deliver the Export Readiness Micro-Voucher Program as part of the Government of Alberta’s Alberta Export Expansion Package.
Funding for SMEs
The Export Readiness Micro-Voucher Program is accepting applications on an open call basis. Projects need to be completed and final reports submitted by March 13, 2020.
Alberta small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) interested in expansion into international markets can apply for up to $10,000 to offset the cost to hire a service provider to assist with the development of export related strategies such as:
- Market entry strategy or export plan
- Legal advice (patent protection support)
- Accountancy advice (taxes)
- Tariff, certification requirements or regulations advice
- Export pricing strategy
- Distribution and logistic
- International marketing plan
- Translation support (to translate user manuals, product guides etc.)
The program is intended to support SMEs to align their international plans with global opportunities and to evaluate the risks and benefits of exporting prior to entering new global markets.