Accelerating Innovations into CarE Initiatives
Accelerating Innovations into CarE (AICE)
The Accelerating Innovations into CarE (AICE) program provides the health system with a lever to generate evidence required to support adoption of new technologies developed by small-medium sized enterprise (SME) innovators.
Next expected deadline: Open Call
Value & Term
50 per cent of total project costs up to $150,000 per project; maximum of 18 months.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year; acceptance is contingent on availability of Alberta Innovates funding for this program.
What is AICE?
The AICE program provides funding support to generate real-world evidence in a clinical setting for new technologies developed by SME innovators that have the potential to address priority needs of Alberta’s health system. The funding enables the health system to test and validate the impacts of new technologies, particularly on disease pathways or workflow, with the intent of informing adoption and improving the health system and overall health of Albertans.
The AICE program will support activities that:
- Include innovative technologies that address an Alberta health system “pull” (i.e. the product or technology must address an existing health related need in Alberta’s health system) and have a clearly articulated plan for commercialization and market entry;
- Align with the strategic priorities of Alberta’s health system and/or focus on solving health-related problems that affect Albertans along any part of the continuum of their care or disease pathway;
- Test and validate the impacts of new technology on patient outcomes, disease care pathways and/or workflow in a ‘real world’ clinical setting;
- Involve implementing, testing, and evaluating SME-based technologies, including but not limited to medical devices, information technology (IT) and health informatics products, within a clinical operational environment; and
- Are positioned to generate evidence to inform health system adoption beyond the test site(s) and involve team members and stakeholders capable of championing the evidence generated from the project to decision makers within the broader health system.
How do I apply?
Please contact the program manager listed below if you are interested in applying for the AICE program.
More detailed information on the background, objectives, eligibility and review process can be found in the Accelerating Innovations into CarE funding guidelines.
Program Contact Information
Name: Graham Anderson
Title: Program Manager, Health