Institutional Support of Entrepreneurship Education
Provided in partnership with Alberta Innovates and Alberta Economic Development and Trade, the Institutional Support of Entrepreneurship Education Program is an initiative to provide Campus Alberta institutions and other innovative organizations with funding to offer entrepreneurial learning opportunities to secondary and post-secondary students and recent graduates, to develop in them an entrepreneurial mindset for their futures in a knowledge-based economy.
Alberta Regional Innovation Networks, Campus Alberta organizations and non-profit organizations that deliver entrepreneurship education and training in Alberta are eligible to apply to this program. Students and recent graduates may not apply directly to this program. Projects (including programs, events or workshops, etc.) funded under this program will support students currently enrolled in or having graduated within five years from an Alberta secondary school or Campus Alberta institution, as they develop entrepreneurial skills in an experiential learning environment.
Up to $15,000 of funding is available under this program, for projects running from September 2018 to August 2019. The investment amount will be determined by Alberta Innovates based on the scope of the proposed project and approval of outlined costs in the proposed budget.
The program provides funding support for projects which meet the desired outcomes of the program. These outcomes are as follows:
- Promote entrepreneurship by fostering the delivery of relevant skills training and real-life work experiences;
- Promote entrepreneurship as a desirable career path helping to grow our knowledge-based workforce;
- Maximize opportunities for Participants to learn necessary skills and access valuable entrepreneur support in a practical, experience-based learning environment where they can explore self-employment, apply learning and gain confidence;
- Enable meaningful mentorship and access to entrepreneurial expertise, and
- Build a stronger entrepreneurial culture.
Submit your application for this program to email@example.com by July 4, 2018.
Prospective applicants must be familiar with program documentation prior to applying:
- Wallet Design Thinking and Mindset Exploration – submitted by the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Alumni Mentorship Program – submitted by Mount Royal University
- Alberta Youth Entrepreneurship Camp Youth Leader Training Outline – submitted by Rotary Alberta Youth Entrepreneurship Camp
Program Contact Information
Name: Sarah Lee
Title: Team Lead, Graduate Student Scholarships