Alberta Innovates and the Alberta Chapter of the Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality Association (VRARA) are bringing together Alberta’s virtual, mixed, and augmented-reality, (xR), and the health innovation ecosystem to jointly develop xR innovations that can enhance patient care or support the training of health professionals.
This unique opportunity aims to:
- Build a platform where stakeholders in Alberta’s xR healthcare ecosystem can come together in a coordinated way to jointly identify needs and test and implement solutions.
- Provide advisory and “match-making” support for Entities seeking engagement and input with healthcare delivery professionals and patients.
- Link Entities into the business advisory services provided by our Technology Development Advisors Program and Regional Innovation Network partners.
- Support the accelerated testing and evaluation of xR-based innovations through real-world Projects that can generate the evidence necessary to inform innovation adoption.
- Promote the entry and diffusion of made-in-Alberta health innovations into local and global markets to boost success of health-based xR entities.
- Cultivate a high performing R&I ecosystem by contributing to a diversified economy and enhancing the health of Albertans.
Visit the xR Head program page to learn more about this opportunity and to apply.