Inventures 2019 Offers Deep Dive for Startups
Innovation Conference offers Alberta entrepreneurs access to global expertise
(Calgary, Alberta) March 11, 2019…Inventures 2019 is offering a comprehensive program for entrepreneurs and innovators, June 5-7. With more than 200 speakers, the business and innovation conference, in Calgary, features leaders who have helped startups prosper and thrive around the world.
Attendees will hear from successful entrepreneurs, leaders who commercialized new technology, angel investors, venture capital executives, and others who are breaking down barriers.
- Patrick Lor, Managing Partner at Panache Ventures, a seed-stage venture capital firm that will invest in over 100 Canadian startups over the next three years.
- Sheelpa Patel, who created and launched ‘INFINITI LAB’ for Infiniti Motor Company. The accelerator programme connected Smart Cities & IoT startups with the expertise of the Nissan/Renault/Mitsubishi Alliance.
- Scott Ford, who leads global operations for Techstars across the entire entrepreneurial journey.
- Emma Weston, CEO and a co-founder of AgriDigital, one of Australia’s leading emerging agtech and fintech companies.
- Anil Pereira, a veteran Silicon Valley executive and entrepreneur who serves as a senior advisor or board member to a number of high-growth companies including Blueshift, Partnerize, and Tynker.
- Kristina Milke, the President of Valhalla Angels, one of Canada’s most active angel investing groups, Co-Founder with Valhalla Private Capital, and managing partner with Sprout Fund, an early stage tech investment fund.
Innovators also have the opportunity to participate in an international pitch competition. Six pitch competition winners receive $10,000 in funding, free registration, and access to professional coaching. Submissions are due by March 15.
Inventures Connect events offer innovators a host of activities that take place outside of the conference as well, including:
- The 2019 Oil Sands Innovation Summit, June 3-4.
- The NACO World Angel Investment Summit June 5-7.
- The Bridge2Food 13th Plant Based Foods Summit 2019, June 3-5.
Registration for Inventures is just $599 until April 29.
Media inquiries may be directed to:
Media Relations Manager
Alberta Innovates (780)-429-9344