The Alberta Innovation Network launched the Alberta GrowthX Program for technology and knowledge-based Alberta small and medium size enterprises with current sales looking to scale their growth.
This program will run as a limited cohort from December 2020 to March 2021, with registration required before November 10, 2020 to be eligible for selection.
Registration is now closed.
The following companies chosen by GrowthX to enter the program:
Background program information
Your company must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this program:
- Be an Alberta technology and knowledge-based business,
- Have a product or service for sale and preferably $100K in annual reoccurring revenue or more
- Have a team of two or more people willing to learn to grow the business, and
- Have completed the Market Readiness Assessment and Ideal Customer Profile by registering at the link below.
If your company is selected, the GrowthX team will work with your team at no charge and provide:
- one live, virtual cohort lecture each week during the program
- one live, virtual office hour for each company in the program every two weeks during the program
- one live, virtual check-in and Q&A session for companies in the cohort every three weeks during the program
Outcomes for your business
At the end of the program you will have a detailed understanding of where your product fits into the market and how to accelerate your path to predictable, scalable and profitable growth.
You will have:
- Built comprehensive marketing and sales messaging that translates what your product or service does into language that attracts customers showcasing the value it creates.
- Identified key metrics, behavioral patterns and common characteristics of the people and companies most likely to buy your product or service and become great, early customers.
- Defined your marketing and sales process so that you can launch your go-to-market efforts and collect data to help remove friction and accelerate deal velocity.
- Identified, outlined and prioritized stage-relevant customer acquisitions strategies that will help you accelerate the path to product-market fit and acquire revenue with the highest ROI.
- Performed a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape and leveraged those insights to better inform your pricing strategy, messaging frameworks and ultimately build customer acquisition strategies that will resonate with your targeted market.
- Created a series of stage relevant market milestones that will, if successful, lead you towards profitability and investor readiness.
How the program works
- Registration is accepted based on eligibility for the program. Registration deadline is November 10.
- Once registration is approved, companies will be provided with a link to sign into the MXP tool and complete the Market Readiness Assessments (MRA) and Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) exercise templates by November 23, 2020.
- Companies will be selected for the full four-month program based on their completed exercises from part one.
- Once accepted into the program, we will provide the successful participants access to GrowthX Market Acceleration Program, MXP online and one-on-one coaching by the GrowthX team and local Alberta Innovation Network coaches.
- GrowthX’s MXP online tool is a playbook, guiding you step-by-step along the journey to finding product-market fit. You’ll receive exclusive insights that have been successfully used to help hundreds of startups build highly profitable, scalable businesses.
- Before November 10, 2020: Companies register and complete a Market Readiness Assessment and Ideal Customer Profile on the MXP online system.
- November 23, 2020: All Market Readiness Assessment and Ideal Customer Profiles must be completed to the best of the companies’ ability.
- December 3, 2020 to March 31, 2021: Cohort participants will be announced. This cohort will participate in GrowthX Accelerator program.
How to start
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 403-210-5229.
The Alberta GrowthX program is supported in part by the Government of Canada through Western Economic Diversification Canada, as part of the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund.
GrowthX is a venture capital fund run by operators with extensive go-to-market experience. We invest at the seed stage in B2B SaaS and marketplace opportunities founded by diverse teams who recognize the need and want help finding product-market fit. Being helpful is our primary form of due diligence. Our portfolio founders have access to our Market Acceleration Program, our private accelerator focused on everything you need to go to market, engage with your customers and win revenue.
About the Alberta Innovation Network
The Alberta Innovation Network comprises the eight Regional Innovation Networks working together across the province to:
- Adopt a common language and reporting measures to demonstrate value and promote efficiency
- Share learnings with one another
- Create active alignment and intentional networks throughout Alberta’s innovation ecosystem.