Implement Digital Health Solutions
ImplementAB.digH supports Alberta-based healthcare delivery organizations in carrying out health technology assessments and feasibility studies of novel, commercially available digital health innovations. The Program provides a novel platform for healthcare practitioners and decision makers to test digital health solutions and achieve health system economic value for Alberta.
- Projects are driven by healthcare delivery organizations interested in implementing digital health solutions with the potential for enhancing acceptability, accessibility, appropriateness, effectiveness and safety of care delivery
- The innovation must be market ready and regulatory approved where applicable
- Projects funded through ImplementAB.digH have a strong emphasis on plans for post-project sustainable feasibility
We will contribute up to $300,000 CAD per project, not to exceed 50% of total eligible Project costs, over a maximum term of 24 months.
What to expect
Applicants who participate in ImplementAB.digH can expect the following outcomes:
- Build capacity for adopting promising digital health innovations
- Improve competitiveness in a rapidly shifting healthcare environment
- Strengthen connections within the health innovation ecosystem
- Enhance patient centered care
On a provincial scale, ImplementAB.digH endeavors to enable new models of care delivery using digital health that enhance the quality, efficiency, and productivity of healthcare delivery in Alberta.
This program is continuous intake. Apply now!
- Intake form
Interested Applicants are encouraged to submit an Intake Form
- Pre-application meeting
A pre-application meeting is held with project partners to ensure all parties are aligned on the objectives and outcomes of the project
Applications are accepted at any time and must be submitted via the online application portal.
Please note that you will need to create an account to access our online application portal. If you have any questions about the application process or concerns about your project’s eligibility, feel free to contact Alberta Innovates at any time.
Key Documents and forms
- Program guide
- Online Application & Intake portal
- Application form (for reference only- apply online)
- Investment Agreement
- Alberta Innovates Workplan and Budget Workbook (downloadable .xlxs)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) – provides evidence standards that enable innovators to determine what level of evidence may be required to facilitate adoption of digital health technologies.
- Alberta SPOR SUPPORT Unit (Methods Support) – provides support in formulating robust project methodology to ensure generation of adequate evidence.
- Alberta Clinical Research Roadmap – an interactive online navigator outlining the steps to setting up and conducting a clinical health research study within Alberta.
- ARECCI – helps practitioners, agencies and organizations identify and mitigate ethical risks in program evaluations, quality improvement projects, needs assessments, health innovations and knowledge translation.
Senior Business Partner