The Alberta LEANSTACK Accelerator Program is a four-month program presented by Alberta Innovates in conjunction with serial entrepreneur and LEANSTACK founder Ash Maurya.
The LEANSTACK Foundations course is available to all Alberta companies: check it out.
Through one-on-one coaching, online tools and peer-to-peer support, teams will run sprints with the outcome of gaining traction and revenues or learning the problem isn’t worth solving. We encourage the whole team to participate in the accelerator.
LEANSTACK provides world-class tools, content and coaching to help founder teams systematically find product/market fit to scale their business.
As part of the Alberta Innovates LEANSTACK accelerator, companies and founders will have access to content and coaching valued at over $6000 USD.
The LEANSTACK Accelerator Program supports Alberta’s Digital SMEs striving to find product/market fit and traction. Through biweekly coaching sessions to help design/run experiments to test and execute your validation plan, you’ll enhance your skills in:
- Business modeling with a Lean Canvas
- Charting milestones with a Traction Roadmap
- Pitching to customers and stakeholders
- Prioritizing problems worth solving using a Customer Forces model
- Driving business model traction using a LEAN Sprint process
Upon completion of the program you’ll demonstrate your company’s traction to peers and investors.
Through the LEANSTACK Accelerator you’ll also have access to increments of non-dilutive funding from the soon to launch Alberta Innovates Digital Traction Program to accelerate new product development through rapid iteration and customer discovery.
How the program works
Apply to be one of the Alberta companies selected to attend if you are:
- An innovative Alberta-based digital company,
- We define a digital company as any company that relies on software development as core to one or more of its products and/or services and intends to rapidly scale in the global marketplace.
- Incorporated in Alberta with an Alberta footprint,
- Have a product and customers (could be at beta testing),
- Less than $100 000 annual reoccurring revenue, and
- Able to commit 15-20 hours a week to growing your business.
Efforts will be made to have representation from companies around the province. Acceptance into the program is a competitive process decided by community representatives of the Alberta Innovation Network and Alberta Innovates and is based on the following:
- a recommendation from a LEANSTACK trained, Alberta Innovation Network business coach,
- no conflict of interest with Alberta Innovates or business coach,
- demonstrated previous financial and in-kind investments into the company by the founder,
- potential and desire to scale and grow globally,
- a team with developer, designer and seller skillsets (i.e. hacker, hipster and hustler) and a growth mindset ready to sprint and learn more about their customer base,
- program fit based on stage of technical development, customer base, and customer discovery,
- progress on LEANSTACK Foundations playbook.
The LEANSTACK Foundations course is accessible by visiting here.
- August 17, 2020: application portal opens
- September 14: application deadline at midnight (MT)
- September 21: recommendation meeting
- September 30 – October 30: LEANSTACK-trained business coach works with applicant on initial Lean Canvas and Traction Roadmap in preparation for the start of the Accelerator
- November 2020 to February 2021: Accelerator program
How to apply
- Connect with a business coach through the Regional Innovation Networks.
- Access applicant portal to submit your application online.
- Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-210-5229.
About Ash Maurya
Based in Austin, Texas, Ash Maurya is an author, creator of Lean Canvas, and founder of LEANSTACK. Alberta Innovates is pleased to be offering the Alberta LEANSTACK Accelerator Program with Ash.
“Life’s too short to build something nobody wants, ” says Ash. “I have built products for more than a decade, and throughout that time I have been in search of a better, faster way for building successful products. I’ve tried everything from building products in stealth, building a platform, open sourcing, practicing release-early release-often, embracing “less is more,” and even trying “more is more.”
Learn from Ash and other experts by applying to the Alberta LEANSTACK Accelerator Program!
Related Alberta Innovates’ programs and services
We offer a suite of small business and entrepreneur funding programs focused on the commercialization of new product development and technology solutions. We offer many other related programs and services, including the following:
- Micro voucher
- r&D Associate
- Commercialization Associate
- Product Demonstration
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.