Funding business and Campus Alberta collaboration
The Campus Alberta Small Business Engagement (CASBE) program aims to help academics use their world-class knowledge, facilities and students at colleges and universities within Campus Alberta to assist Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Alberta. The goal is to encourage academics and small businesses in Alberta to work together and take advantage of NSERC Engage Grants.
How the program works
The CASBE program supports collaboration between Campus Alberta and Alberta SMEs. It extends NSERC Engage project from six months to up to 12 months in duration with a $50,000 budget.
Current funding opportunities
This program is currently closed for applications.This program is currently closed for applications.
Eligiblility and requirements
CASBE is open to Alberta SMEs and academics from Campus Alberta. Eligibility follows NSERC’s eligibility criteria with the addition that the CASBE Program is only available to Alberta academics helping Alberta SMEs developing solutions aligned to priority areas identified by Alberta Innovates.
The strategic priority areas for 2019/20 are:
- Information and communications technology (ICT)
- ‘Omics (for instance, genomics, proteomics, metabolimcs, etc.)
How to apply
Please note that the CASBE program is currently not accepting applications.
- Familiarize yourself with program documentation below.
- Applications to this program must be submitted by the academic institution through the NSERC Engage portal.
- The applicant must include the budget, milestones and deliverables, and provide a work plan for the entire period reflecting a 12 month project under the budget justification section, rather than the six months normally required under NSERC Engage.
- Complete the CASBE program form and upload it to the “Other Documents” section of the NSERC online application.