Grants to build business readiness
Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) may be eligible for funding to enable them to employ a highly trained resource with the goal of advancing business readiness levels and/or accelerating product commercialization.
The Commercialization Associate understands business fundamentals and practices, applying knowledge of industry, as well as market and business trends to prioritize commercialization activities. These activities include, but are not limited to, manufacturing analysis and planning, advanced product validation, exploring new market opportunities, marketing, sales, financial strategies, and business development activities.
This program is designed to fund SMEs to employ a commercialization professional, for one year, through one of the following options:
- Level 1 – full-time, up to $52,500 per year
- Level 2 – full-time, up to $75,000 per year
- Level 3 – full or part-time, up to $105,000 per year
Please refer to the program guide below for an explanation of the various levels.
How the program works
This program is an open-call format. Apply now.
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor.
- Access our applicant portal to submit your application online.
- Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 403-210-5229.
Please note: the applicant may submit an application with or without the selection of a specific Commercialization Associate. If the application is submitted without the selection of a specific associate, it will be evaluated on the “Applicant” and “Opportunity” sections of the application. If approved, the applicant will have up a maximum of six months to submit the “Associate” and “Project” sections of the application for evaluation.
Are you currently working on an existing application?
Applications started in our existing grants management systems prior to April 14, 2020 will continue to be managed through the system in which the application was received, meaning the benefits listed above do not apply.
- Commercialization Associates program guide (applications submitted after October 16, 2020)
- Commercialization Associates work plan & budget tables
- Commercialization Associates agreement template
- Commercialization Associates progress report form
- Commercialization Associates final report form
- Commercialization Associates expense allowance financial table – pre-October 16, 2020
- Commercialization Associates progress report form – pre-October 16, 2020
- Commercialization Associates program guide – pre-October 16, 2020
How the program makes an impact
Check out how the Commercialization Program has helped this Alberta entrepreneur
Related programs and services
Other Alberta Innovates grants designed to support Alberta SMEs
- r&D Associate
- Product Demonstration
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.