NEW: Accepting Applications
WHY THIS PROGRAM?
Supporting business and technology development
Building a solid team with top talent is critical to the success of your business. With a focus on high potential growth SMEs in the technology and knowledge-based industries, the Industry Commercialization Associate Program helps you:
- Accelerate and progress the commercialization of new technology and innovative products
- Attract and retain business talent with key expertise needed for start-up and scaling SMEs in Alberta
- Provide access to financial resources to de-risk the commercialization of new tech or innovation-based products
- Promote revenue and export growth
- Promote SME investment positioning
Qualified applicants may apply to receive up to $120,000 in non-dilutive funding to help cover the salary for employees hired to promote the commercialization of their business
Applicants must commit a minimum 25% cash contribution of the total annual salary.
ARE YOU ELIGIBILE?
Supporting Alberta SMEs with a strong Alberta footprint
Eligible applicants must be Alberta-based with technologies in the mid-to-late developmental stages. In some cases, this may include some early developmental stages. Determine your Technology Readiness Level.
Additionally, eligible applicants must be in the financial position to commit a minimum 25% cash contribution of the total eligible project cost.
HOW TO APPLY
Accepting applications now
Are you interested in submitting a new application?
- Familiarize yourself with the Program Resources below
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor
- Access our online application portal to submit your application
Do you have questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 403-210-5229.
- Industry Associate Commercialization program guide
- Industry Associate Commercialization agreement template
Applications submitted prior to August 29, 2022
Commercialization Associates program guide (applications submitted after October 16, 2020)
Commercialization Associates work plan & budget tables
Commercialization Associates agreement template
Commercialization Associates progress report form
Commercialization Associates final report form
Applications submitted prior to October 16, 2020
Commercialization Associates expense allowance financial table – pre-October 16, 2020
Commercialization Associates progress report form – pre-October 16, 2020
Commercialization Associates program guide – pre-October 16, 2020
Entrepreneurial Investments Program Metrics
Learn more about how we measure progress with the Technology Commercialization Scorecard.