Building an entrepreneurial culture in Alberta
Access to experiential learning opportunities in entrepreneurship is the key to empowering Albertans to participate in our province’s growing economy. The Institutional Support of Entrepreneurship Education (ISEE) program provides Alberta’s publicly funded institutions and other innovative organizations with funding to offer entrepreneurial learning opportunities to secondary and post-secondary students and recent graduates, to help them develop an entrepreneurial mindset for their futures in a knowledge-based economy.
How the program works
ISEE supports Alberta’s publicly funded institutions, Alberta Innovates’ Regional Innovation Network organizations and non-profit organizations to deliver entrepreneurship education and training in Alberta. Eligible projects can receive up to $15,000 in funding.
Projects funded by ISEE should have the following outcomes:
- They promote entrepreneurship by fostering the delivery of relevant skills training and real-life work experiences;
- They promote entrepreneurship as a desirable career path helping to grow our knowledge-based workforce;
- They provide opportunities for participants to learn necessary skills and access valuable entrepreneur support in a practical, experience-based learning environment where they can explore self-employment, apply learning and gain confidence;
- They enable meaningful mentorship and access to entrepreneurial expertise, and
- They cultivate a stronger entrepreneurial culture.
We will determine the investment amount based on the scope of the proposed project and approval of outlined costs in the proposed budget.
How to apply
- Familiarize yourself with the program documentation below.
- Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by July 4, 2018.
- Pop-up shops: Testing your business idea – submitted by King’s University College
- Wallet design thinking and mindset exploration – submitted by the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Alumni Mentorship Program – submitted by Mount Royal University
- Alberta Youth Entrepreneurship Camp Youth Leader Training Outline – submitted by Rotary Alberta Youth Entrepreneurship Camp
- Applied Innovation – submitted by the University of Lethbridge