Building an entrepreneurial culture in Alberta
Access to experiential learning opportunities in entrepreneurship is the key to empowering Albertans to participate in our province’s growing economy. The Institutional Support of Entrepreneurship Education (ISEE) program provides Alberta’s publicly funded institutions and other innovative organizations with funding to offer entrepreneurial learning opportunities to secondary and post-secondary students and recent graduates, to help them develop an entrepreneurial mindset for their futures in a knowledge-based economy.
How the program works
ISEE supports Alberta’s publicly funded institutions, Alberta Innovates’ Regional Innovation Network (RIN) organizations and non-profit organizations to deliver entrepreneurship education and training in Alberta. Eligible projects can receive up to $15,000 in funding.
Projects funded by ISEE should have the following outcomes:
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset in Albertan students through the delivery of local and provincial programming.
- Provide entrepreneurship education and experiential learning opportunities.
- Cultivate a stronger entrepreneurial culture.
We will determine the investment amount based on the scope of the proposed project and approval of outlined costs in the proposed budget.
How to apply
- Familiarize yourself with the program documentation below.
- Applications must be submitted to our applicant portal by 4:00 p.m. on January 7, 2021.
- ISEE program guide (updated November 30, 2020)
- ISEE investment agreement
- ISEE final report (updated November 9, 2018)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pop-up shops: Testing your business idea – submitted by King’s University College
- Wallet design thinking and mindset exploration – submitted by the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Alumni Mentorship Program – submitted by Mount Royal University
- Alberta Youth Entrepreneurship Camp Youth Leader Training Outline – submitted by Rotary Alberta Youth Entrepreneurship Camp
- Applied Innovation – submitted by the University of Lethbridge