Grants to build technology readiness
Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) may be eligible for up to $67,500 per year for one year to enable them to employ in-house professional research and development capability, to advance the Technology Readiness Level and accelerate new product commercialization.
The r&D Associate has the advanced technical skills required by the SME to make that last leap from research to a marketable product.
This one-year program is designed to fund SMEs to employ an r&D professional through one of the following options:
- Level 1 – full-time, up to $52,500 per year
- Level 2 – full-time, up to $67,500 per year
Please refer to the program guide below for an explanation of the various levels.
How the program works
This program is an open-call format. Apply now.
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor.
- Access applicant portal to submit your application online.
- Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 403-210-5229.
Please note: the applicant may submit an application with or without the selection of a specific r&D Associate. If the application is submitted without the selection of a specific associate, it will be evaluated on the “Applicant” and “Opportunity” sections of the application. If approved, the applicant will have up a maximum of six months to submit the “Associate” and “Project” sections of the application for evaluation.
- r&D Associates program guide (applications submitted after October 16, 2020)
- r&D Associates work plan & budget
- r&D Associates agreement template
- r&D Associates progress report form
- r&D Associates final report form
- r&D Associates expense allowance financial table – pre-October 16, 2020
- r&D Associates progress report form – pre-October 16, 2020
- r&D Associates program guide – pre-October 16, 2020
Related programs and services
Additional grants we offer designed to support Alberta SMEs
- Micro voucher
- Commercialization Associate
- Product Demonstration
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.
The impact of Alberta Innovates’ programming for 2021