Grants to support business and technology development
Vouchers help Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with technologies in the mid-to-late developmental stages but may include some early developmental stages. (See Technology Readiness Levels).
Eligible applicants can apply for funding up to $100,000 to help cover the costs of up to three service providers for the purpose of business and technology development related to the following activities:
- New product research and development;
- Leading-edge design, engineering and prototype development;
- Advanced product testing and refinement;
- Patent development;
- Advanced market assessments; and/or
- Other technology development activities may be considered on a case by case basis.
Please note: the applicant pays a minimum 25 percent cash contribution of the total eligible project costs.
How the grant program works
This program is an open-call format. Apply now.
Are you interested in submitting a new application?
- We’ve launched a new grant management system, please read the announcement to see how this impacts new and existing applications and applicants. Contact your Program Associate if you have questions.
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor.
- Access applicant portal to submit your application online.
- Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 403-210-5229.
Are you currently working on an existing application?
Applications started in our existing grants management systems prior to April 14, 2020 will continue to be managed through the system in which the application was received, meaning the benefits listed above do not apply.
Entrepreneurial Investments Program Metrics
Learn more about how we measure progress with the Technology Commercialization Scorecard.
- Voucher program guide
- Voucher milestone, reporting & payment schedule
- Voucher agreement template
- Voucher progress report form
- Voucher final report form
- Voucher program guide – Pre-January 31, 2019
Related programs and services
The Voucher Program is part of a suite of small business and entrepreneur funding programs focused on the commercialization of new product development and technology solutions. We offer many other related programs and services, including the following:
- Micro voucher
- r&D Associate
- Commercialization Associate
- Product Demonstration
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.