Program update: As of April 1, 2022, service providers will no longer be required to sign on investment agreements. Alberta Innovates will fund successful applicants directly. Service providers are still required for this program and must be identified in your application.
Grants to support business and technology development
Vouchers help Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with technologies in the mid-to-late developmental stages but may include some early developmental stages. (See Technology Readiness Levels).
Eligible applicants can apply for funding up to $100,000 to help cover the costs of up to three service providers for the purpose of business and technology development related to the following activities:
- New product research and development;
- Leading-edge design, engineering and prototype development;
- Advanced product testing and refinement;
- Patent development;
- Advanced market assessments; and/or
- Other technology development activities may be considered on a case by case basis.
Please note: the applicant pays a minimum 25 percent cash contribution of the total eligible project costs.
How the grant program works
This program is an open-call format. Apply now.
Are you interested in submitting a new application?
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor.
- Access applicant portal to submit your application online.
- Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-210-5229.
Entrepreneurial Investments Program Metrics
Learn more about how we measure progress with the Technology Commercialization Scorecard.
- Voucher program guide
- Voucher milestone, reporting & payment schedule
- Voucher agreement template
- Voucher progress report form
- Voucher final report form
Related programs and services
The Voucher Program is part of a suite of small business and entrepreneur funding programs focused on the commercialization of new product development and technology solutions. We offer many other related programs and services, including the following:
- Micro voucher
- r&D Associate
- Commercialization Associate
- Product Demonstration
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.
The impact of Alberta Innovates’ programming for 2021