Grants to support business and technology development
Vouchers help Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with technologies in the mid-to-late developmental stages but may include some early developmental stages. (See Technology Readiness Levels).
Eligible applicants can apply for funding up to $100,000 to help cover the costs of up to three service providers for the purpose of business and technology development related to the following activities:
- New product research and development;
- Leading-edge design, engineering and prototype development;
- Advanced product testing and refinement;
- Patent development;
- Advanced market assessments; and/or
- Other technology development activities may be considered on a case by case basis.
Please note: the applicant pays a minimum 25 percent cash contribution of the total eligible project costs.
How the grant program works
This program is an open-call format. Apply now.
Are you interested in submitting a new application?
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor
- Access intake portal to submit your application online
- Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 403-210-5229
Are you currently funded through this program and have a question?
- Contact your Program Associate listed at the bottom of the page.
Entrepreneurial Investments Program Metrics
Learn more about how we measure progress with the Technology Commercialization Scorecard.
- Voucher program guide
- Voucher application aid
- Voucher source of support table
- Voucher milestone, reporting & payment schedule
- Voucher agreement template
- Voucher progress report form
- Voucher final report form
- Voucher program guide – Pre-January 31, 2019
Related programs and services
The Voucher Program is part of a suite of small business and entrepreneur funding programs focused on the commercialization of new product development and technology solutions. We offer many other related programs and services, including the following:
- Micro voucher
- r&D Associate
- Commercialization Associate
- Product Demonstration
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.