Helping Alberta’s digital companies scale and grow their business
Alberta Digital Traction is a funding program of up to $50,000 for small-and medium-sized Alberta enterprises (SMEs) that have software development at the core of one or more of their products and/or services.
Qualified candidates are those that intend to rapidly scale in the global marketplace to accelerate their revenue growth.
We offer the funding to help qualified Alberta SMEs cover eligible expenses required to complete up to three milestones that demonstrate they’ve attained digital traction. We’ve listed the eligible milestone activities below.
Do you qualify for the Alberta Digital Traction program?
The program fits for-profit Alberta SMEs at the validating stage of their journey and have high-growth potential. A partial list of qualifications includes the following:
- a digital innovation that offers a significant competitive advantage over existing solutions,
- a minimum viable product (MVP) to test,
- a technology that could scale up in one to two years, if successful, and
- customer acquisition targets and strategy for the next three years.
You can find a complete list of all the qualifications in our program guide below.
Support and available funding
With the guidance of a technology development advisor, eligible applicants can apply for up to $50,000 paid directly to the applicant.
Funding will cover eligible expenses required to complete up to three milestones to demonstrate traction. The applicant pays a minimum 25 percent cash contribution of the total eligible project costs.
Eligible project activities included in a milestone may include:
- Customer and/or client discovery;
- Digital market assessment and segmentation analysis;
- Data-driven, online market assessment testing;
- Product development based on client feedback;
- Advanced market assessment or segmentation analysis; or
- Advanced sales and/or marketing strategies.
How the program works
The Digital Traction program is open to continuous intake.
Please follow the steps below to submit an application:
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor.
- Access applicant portal to submit your application online.
- Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org 403-210-5229.
Program documents for September-October 2021 intake
Program documents for July-August 2021 intake
Program documents for applications submitted prior to 2021
Related programs and services
Connectica is a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.
The impact of Alberta Innovates’ programming for 2021