The Alberta Digital Traction pilot program (Alberta-DT) provides funding for small- and medium-sized Alberta enterprises (SMEs) that rely on software development as core to one or more of their products and/or services and intends to rapidly scale in the global marketplace to accelerate their revenue growth.
Alberta-based entrepreneur programs
Qualified Alberta digital SME’s must be accepted into a Fall 2020 cohort of one the following approved Alberta-based entrepreneur programs:
- Alberta’s LeanStack Accelerator by Alberta Innovates and the Alberta Innovation Network
- Propel at Startup Edmonton,
- Junction at Platform Calgary, or
- Alberta Innovation Network GrowthX Program.
Support and available funding
With the guidance of an Alberta-based entrepreneur program’s business coach, eligible applicants can apply for up to $50 000 paid directly to the applicant to cover eligible expenses required to complete the milestones developed to achieve traction.
Project activities included in a milestone may include:
- Customer and/or client discovery;
- Digital market assessment and segmentation analysis;
- Data-driven, online market assessment testing;
- Product development based on client feedback;
- Advanced market assessment or segmentation analysis;
- Advanced sales and/or marketing strategies; or
- Other technology development or business activities may be considered on a case by case basis.
How the program works
This program is only open to companies in the Alberta-based entrepreneur programs mentioned above.
Are you interested in submitting an application?
- Be accepted into the approved Alberta-based entrepreneur program listed above.
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with your business coach at the eligible entrepreneur program.
- Submit your application online.
- Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 403-210-5229.
Related programs and services
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.
Learn more about how we measure progress with the technology commercialization scorecard.