Committed to transparency. Committed to Albertans.
Alberta Innovates is committed to the transparency of its operations. To ensure collaboration with its stakeholder we provide the following disclosure information.
Public sector bodies are required to post online the names and compensation paid to:
- all board members
- employees who earn more than the threshold amount during a disclosure period
This is a requirement under the Public Sector Compensation Transparency Act, which applies to:
- agencies, boards and commissions governed by the Alberta Public Agencies Governance Act
- independent offices of the Legislature
- employees of Covenant Health
- other entities identified in the regulations
- compensation includes base salary, overtime, honoraria paid to board members and taxable benefits.
- severance reflects amounts paid or payable related to termination of employment.
- non-monetary (other) benefits are generally non-taxable benefits including the employer’s portion of pension contributions, employment insurance, Canada Pension Plan and Workers’ Compensation Board premiums.
- Learn more about agencies, boards and commissions
- Learn more about the Public Sector Compensation Transparency Act