Alberta’s innovation engine
As part of our leadership role, we work to champion innovation and inform the public about the importance and scope of this work.
Our publications tell stories of impact and provide accountability for our investments and activities.
Our fiscal year runs from April 1 to March 31.
Alberta Innovates’ Corporate Publications
- 2022-25 Business Plan
- 2021-24 Business Plan
- 2020-23 Business Plan
- 2019-22 Business Plan
- 2018-21 Business Plan
Other Reports and Publications
- Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) White Paper
- This white paper focuses on technology innovation required for broad commercial-scale deployment of CCUS in Alberta.
- Bitumen Beyond Combustion (BBC) White Paper
- This white paper sets out the Alberta Innovates vision for the oil sands in a net-zero economy. It outlines a strategy to divert a greater portion of bitumen production away from fuel production and use it instead to manufacture high-value products and materials.
- Leading to Scale: The Design, Delivery, and Impact of SME Leadership Development Programs
- This report sets out to explore how programs targeting leaders of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) operate, and the ways these programs positively influence the behaviour of these leaders.
- Alberta Innovates meta-analysis of accelerators
- This report presents a meta-analysis of business accelerators and draws out relevant insights to inform on the Alberta entrepreneurial ecosystem. A summary of key insights are presented in the document.
- Alberta Innovates incubator and accelerator final report
- The purpose of this report is to examine recent trends related to incubators and accelerators that are relevant for the Alberta entrepreneurial ecosystem. The report does not assess the performance of current or previous incubators and accelerators in Alberta. Instead, the report focuses on defining, describing and critically assessing these two modes of enterprise support for further consideration and discussion.
- Alberta Innovates meta-analysis of networks
- The purpose of this report is to synthesize network effects on entrepreneurial ecosystems, as well as on economic and societal impacts. The report examines how different network analysis techniques are used to assess and measure networks and discusses network effects associated with high performance and impact. A summary of key findings and actionable insights are presented.
- Regional Innovation Network of Southern Alberta (RINSA) Impact Case Study
- This report presents the findings from the Regional Innovation Network of Southern Alberta using a retrospective realist impact case study approach. It was conducted to deepen our understanding of network effects and RINSA’s contribution to economic and societal impact in the local region. This report is one of a number of studies being conducted to collectively learn more about the effect of networks on research and innovation ecosystems and provide actionable insights for moving forward.
- 2018 Action Plan for Climate Leadership
- 2017-18 Annual Impact Report for Health Innovation
- 2018-19 Annual Impact Report for Health Innovation
- 2019-20 Annual Impact Report for Health Innovation