Project Ethics Courses
Upcoming 2020 ARECCI courses
- No registration fees
- 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, face-to-face course (one day)
- Travel costs are not reimbursed
ARECCI Project Ethics Level 1
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge to use the ARECCI tools to assist in the determination of which ethics pathway is most appropriate for your knowledge‐generating project.
Course objectives include:
• To raise awareness that all knowledge‐generating projects need an appropriate ethics review
• To understand how to incorporate an ethics approach in all your project work
• To become more familiar with using the ARECCI tools
• To understand how you can use ARECCI in your own work
No classes are currently scheduled. If you’d like us to inform you of future ARECCI Project Ethics Level 1 classes please email ARECCI@albertainnovates.ca to be added to our mailing list.
ARECCI Second Opinion Reviewer Program
This advanced program trains practitioners and professionals to assist project leads to identify risks and mitigation strategies in their projects.
Prerequisites include taking the Project Ethics course some project experience and manager approval to take the training and provider review support for appropriate projects, as workload permits.
The program begins with a one-day course during which the ARECCI framework is reviewed thoroughly, concentrating on the proper application of the two decision-support tools. Candidates then review several projects under the mentorship of an experienced Second Opinion Reviewer.
The entire program may take several months to complete, depending on mentor and mentee availability to do project reviews.
No classes are currently scheduled, however, if you are interested in Second Opinion reviewer training:
- ARECCI Project Ethics Level 1 is a prerequisite
- If you are an AHS employee please contact Debbie.Mallett@albertahealthservices.ca
- For non-AHS employees please contact ARECCI@albertainnovates.ca
This program prepares Second Opinion Reviewers to become facilitators of the Project Ethics course. In the initial two day face-to-face course, the curriculum is thoroughly discussed. Candidates then co-facilitate at least two courses with an experienced facilitator.
Please contact us for more information about these training opportunities.
The materials for all three training opportunities are licensed under Creative Commons.