Accelerating innovations to commercialization
Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) may be eligible for up to $300,000 in funding over a maximum two-year term to fund product demonstration with a potential customer or alliances that has indicated a reasonable intent to purchase or distribute based on successful completion of the product demonstration.
Each project must have a minimum of one strategic alliance or host for a demonstration to facilitate prototype field testing, and/or provide the Applicant access to supply and sales channels and provide the Applicant access to potential customers. The funding is paid to the applicant named in the application.
Please note: the applicant and/or project partner must contribute a minimum of 50 percent of the project costs. This can include cash and/or in-kind resources.
How the program works
This program is an open-call format. Apply now.
Are you interested in submitting a new application?
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor.
- Access intake portal to submit your application online. Please note: a new application portal will be opening on April 14, 2020.
- Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-210-5229
Are you currently funded through this program and have a question?
- Contact your Program Associate listed at the bottom of the page.
Entrepreneurial Investments Program Metrics
Learn more about how we measure progress with the Technology Commercialization Scorecard.
- Product Demonstration Program guide
- Product Demonstration Program application aid ***we are launching a new application form in April, and this application aid is subject to change. Please contact us prior to starting an application.
- Product Demonstration Program source of support table
- Product Demonstration Program milestone, reporting & payment schedule
- Product Demonstration Program agreement template
- Product Demonstration Program progress report form
- Product Demonstration Program final report form
Other Alberta Innovates grants designed to support Alberta SMEs
- r&D Associate
- Commercialization Associate
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.