Accelerating innovations to commercialization
Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) may be eligible for up to $300,000 in funding over a maximum two-year term to fund product demonstration with a potential customer or alliances that has indicated a reasonable intent to purchase or distribute based on successful completion of the product demonstration.
Each project must have a minimum of one strategic alliance or host for a demonstration to facilitate prototype field testing, and/or provide the Applicant access to supply and sales channels and provide the Applicant access to potential customers. The funding is paid to the applicant named in the application.
Please note: the applicant and/or project partner must contribute a minimum of 50 percent of the project costs. This can include cash and/or in-kind resources.
How the program works
This program is open-call format. Apply now.
- Familiarize yourself with program documentation below.
- The support of a Technology Development Advisor is strongly recommended. Connect now.
- Complete your online applications by visiting our Applicant Portal.
Entrepreneurial Investments Program Metrics
Learn more about how we measure progress with the Technology Commercialization Scorecard.
Please use the documents dated for when your agreement has been, or would be, executed.
Executed after March 1, 2018
- Product Demonstration program guide
- Product Demonstration Program application aid
- Product Demonstration Program milestone, reporting & payment schedule
- Product Demonstration Program agreement template
- Product Demonstration Program progress report form
- Product Demonstration Program final report form
Executed prior to March 1, 2018
- Product Demonstration Program guide (pre-March 2018)
- Product Demonstration Program milestone, reporting and payment schedule (pre-March 2018)
- Product Demonstration Program progress report form (pre-March 2018)
- Product Demonstration Program final report form (pre-March 2018)
Other Alberta Innovates grants designed to support Alberta SMEs
- r&D Associate
- Commercialization Associate
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.