Accelerating innovations to commercialization
Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) may be eligible for up to $300,000 in funding over a maximum two-year term to fund product demonstration with a potential customer or alliances that has indicated a reasonable intent to purchase or distribute based on successful completion of the product demonstration.
Each project must have a minimum of one strategic alliance or host for a demonstration to facilitate prototype field testing, and/or provide the Applicant access to supply and sales channels and provide the Applicant access to potential customers. The funding is paid to the applicant named in the application.
Please note: the applicant and/or project partner must contribute a minimum of 50 percent of the project costs. This can include cash and/or in-kind resources.
How the program works
This program is an open-call format. Apply now.
Are you interested in submitting a new application?
- We’ve launched a new grant management system, please read the announcement to see how this impacts new and existing applications and applicants. Contact your Program Associate if you have questions.
- Familiarize yourself with the program documents below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor.
- Access applicant portal to submit your application online.
- Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-210-5229
Are you currently working on an existing application?
Applications started in our existing grants management systems prior to April 14, 2020 will continue to be managed through the system in which the application was received, meaning the benefits listed above do not apply.
Entrepreneurial Investments Program Metrics
Learn more about how we measure progress with the Technology Commercialization Scorecard.
- Product Demonstration Program guide
- Product Demonstration Program milestone, reporting & payment schedule
- Product Demonstration Program agreement template
- Product Demonstration Program progress report form
- Product Demonstration Program final report form
Other Alberta Innovates grants designed to support Alberta SMEs
- r&D Associate
- Commercialization Associate
- Search other programs
- Connectica, a database to help connect Alberta’s innovative technology entrepreneurs to publicly funded or not-for-profit services, funding and facilities.
To connect with the innovation ecosystem and technology entrepreneur supports in your region, check out the Regional Innovation Networks.