Preparing to export to global markets
This program is intended to help Alberta businesses align their international plans with global export opportunities and to evaluate the risks and benefits of exporting prior to entering new global markets.
Through this program we’ll help Alberta SMEs forge partnerships, and connect with experts in international business to enhance export opportunities, readiness and success.
Eligible applicants can apply for up to $10,000 to hire a service provider to develop strategies to support export opportunities such as:
- Market entry strategy or export plan
- Legal advice (patent protection support)
- Accountancy advice (taxes)
- Tariff, certification requirements or regulations advice
- Pricing strategy
- Distribution and logistic
- International marketing plan
- Translation support (to translate user manuals, product guides etc.)
- SME can apply to multiple jurisdictions.
- SME must contribute 25 percent of the project cost
- SME must have a minimum of $20,000 in revenue.
How the program works
This program is open call. Apply now!
- Familiarize yourself with the program resources below.
- Send your completed application through our online Applicant Portal.
Projects must be completed on or before March 13, 2020.
Other Alberta Innovates grants designed to support Alberta SMEs:
- Micro voucher
- R&D Associate
- Commercialization Associate
- Product Demonstration
- Search other programs
Connectica is a self-service tool for SMEs and service providers to connect with other provincial innovators, in alignment with Alberta Innovates’ strategic priority for contributing to an effective innovation system.